Getting Started Guide
Are you looking to build platform like freelance marketplaces, bounty platforms, hackathon platforms, gig marketplaces, or something similar? TalentLayer is composable, decentralized, open-source infrastructure for labor markets; allowing anyone to easily build interoperable gig marketplaces. It is designed to empower workers to own their own reputation and access jobs without limitation. TalentLayer is optimized for a broad range of two-sided “labor platforms”, software platforms where users can complete services in exchange for payment. These platforms usually have a few things in common:
- 1.Hirers post tasks or other service engagements to the platform
- 2.Users complete work in exchange for payment
- 3.By completing work on the platform, users can build a reputation
TalentLayer offers a variety of tools to help labor platforms empower their users.
TalentLayer Core is composed of the following key modules:
- TalentLayer ID System
- TalentLayer ID
- Platform ID
- TalentLayer Review
- TalentLayer Universal Services & Proposal System
- TalentLayer Escrow & Dispute System
TalentLayer creates a paradigm shift in how freelance marketplaces operate by creating a universal reputation system and jobs repository that any marketplace can tap into. Users maintain one self-owned reputation across many marketplaces. Marketplaces that build on TalentLayer receive rewards by onboarding talent and jobs.
TalentLayer’s Alpha is currently live on a few chains and testnets. We are actively improving the protocol on a weekly basis and are working closely with integrating platforms to implement their feedback.
Indie is an open-source fork-able codebase that is available for marketplaces and other platforms integrating with TalentLayer to borrow from and use to get inspired. Indie lays the groundwork for what will eventually become the TalentLayer SDK.
To interact with TalentLayer's interoperable jobs system as a platform, you will need a Platform ID. Learn more:
Since TalentLayer Core is currently in Alpha, we recommend reaching out to the team on Twitter @TalentLayer before integrating directly with TalentLayer’s interoperable reputation and jobs systems.We are happy to help you:
- 1.Understand how to implement TalentLayer on your platform: Every platform is a little different, and we want to know how we can best make our tech stack as composable as possible. By helping you, we learn too!
- 2.Deploy TalentLayer on your platform’s native EVM chain: TalentLayer aims to be a cross-chain platform, and are in the process of spinning up implementations of our Alpha release on multiple EVM chains.
How does your application communicate with TalentLayer? Learn more here.
We’re working hard to document our tech stack. You can view our docs on our website below.Please stay tuned for updates and don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.